QKathryn, what advice would you give someone who absolutely feels they have been hurt so badly that they no longer can feel their heart, there are no emotions, no compassion…nothing, but yet, and still, they want LOVE!!  How would a person like that find their way back to their heart?

A: Great question, and I have to admit you are not the first person who has asked me something similar especially lately

Bless your heart for having gone through this hurt. I'm sorry you had to endure that!

But I have good news . . . you have EVERY hope for love. Here are some keys to finding love despite it all

1) Find anything you can love: a pet, a small child, a hobby, work, a relative. Opening your heart back up is easier if you approach it sideways -- in an area not as 'threatening' as romance.

2) We need to change the focus here. I would do some release first and vow that your past does not have to predict your future, so you will not dwell on it any longer

3) Now, let's refocus. We can do that in a number of ways. I call this the "replace step" after you've released, and it is essential so you don't shut back down.

First, look around for happy couples and promising singles who are good and not toxic. This helps remind you that not every relationship is hurtful. Then, imagine yourself with someone who would never hurt a hair on your head -- your soulmate

If you can gently nudge yourself into a kinder, gentler idea of love, it will raise your point of attraction, you will bring on the love of your life, and your heart will come out to play, never to be hurt again

I had one coaching client who had been emotionally
battered beyond belief. I walked her through the above steps in depth, and I'm happy to report she recently got engaged. The enchanting world she is living in now bears so little resemblance to the agony of her previous hurtful relationships that she often has to pinch herself to make sure it's real

That's what I want for you, too!

0 comments: